Saturday, August 9, 2008

Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue.....

Gimme my chocolate frog!!!!!

I made it....eventually.....

What a useful learning experience this has been. All jokes and fooling around aside.

a) I've found a use for Saturday evenings, and a way to get the computer for myself each week/fortnight..."I've got Learning 2.0 stuff that HAS to be finished "for work""

b) I've been taught about programs/software/media/websites etc that I may have heard about but didn't really know much/anything about

c) I've thought hard about my profession - where it is going, where I am going, how we (CCLC) can be going - and how this technology can be integrated into the working day and how it can benefit our patrons

d) I've had fun....... (and frustrations, and joy, and lots of thoughts going through my head)

e) I've forgotten a lot of the things I learned at the start and want to go back to refresh those ideas

f) I'm hoping to learn more about other emergent technologies so that I can be more of a mover and shaker

g) I've created some terrible blog headlines, and mis-used a number of beautiful and famous songs

h) I've learned who reads my blog posts and who doesn't (well at least who does anyway)

i) I've integrated bloglines, blogs, twitter, facebook, YouTube, del.icio.us, wikis, podcasts into my daily life. The online generators I know I will use sporadically. And I'm going to ignore librarything and rollyo (I think). Flickr - jury's out.

j) I've created a list of 10 things I learned and now I can go to bed happy.... I really AM going to dream about that chocolate frog.....YIPPEE!!!!


2 comments:

I am not a Librarian said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done on an eventful journey. Like most of us, it was a fantastic, frustrating, fun and fearsome time, but geez it feels good at the end!
Enjoy your frog ... hang on, what frog???

Michelle McLean said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done.

Great observations and very important ones too.

As a reward, your frog and certificate are on their way!