Saturday, August 9, 2008

Peas in a pod

I've tried to have a look at the podcasting sites mentioned on the 2.0 site.

podcast.net and podcasts.yahoo.com both don't seem to want to go to websites (both are 404s). podcastalley.com is totally American. The sites that are there when you search for the word "Melbourne" are either about Melbourne in the USA or are really old or don't have a lot of material on them. Most only seem to go to 2006 and I think there must be a lot more available than that.


I am hoping to do further research on this one, but my PC is running slow while I download my video to YouTube - argh!!! frustrating......

Incidentally when you type in podcasts in google.com.au the first site after Wikipedia to come up is Radio National, I think this is awesome, then Triple J, then a couple of other Aussie sites - yippee! I've also just subscribed to Roocast a feed on Aussie music, presented from South Melbourne. I've added that feed to Bloglines, and they make it very easy to add to your iTunes as well.

I think this is something I may try to investigate further WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME!!! (hahaha)

Had a quick look at Audacity - the open source software for recording and editting sounds - this looks like a good program for converting old cassettes etc as well as recording new stuff. Again, something I;d like to investigate further...one day.....

1 comment:

Michelle McLean said...

Podcasts are great for your MP3 player too. Great to see your interest in this, I will be happy to chat with you and help you out with finding stuff.